Does DGS offer research services?

DGS is a volunteer organization without the people resources to do lookups or research as a service. So we must decline all requests for research and lookups. Neither can we recommend individual professional researchers. However, there are two organizations who can help you locate a record or a professional suitable for your needs.

  • Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness has volunteers around the country who will do simple lookups or photograph cemetery stones, for free or the reimbursement of copy costs.
  • Association of Professional Genealogists membership is based on genealogists who do research for others for a negotiated fee. This fee is negotiated between the client and the professional researcher. Many APG members are certified genealogists. All APG members are bound to a code of ethics.
This entry was posted in FAQ. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Does DGS offer research services?

  1. Carolyn Davis says:

    I can also suggest the following two organizations as sources for names of professional family history researchers:

    Board for Certification of Genealogists – Click on “Find a Genealogist” in the upper left section of their home page.

    International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists – Click on “Find an AG Professional” in the upper left section of their home page.

Comments are closed.