This presentation was by Drew Smith (half of the Geneallogy Guys team). He provided an overview of the available social neworking resources that are available for use by genealogists.
Of particular interest to me was his characterization of the tools:
- They are Mobile
- You only need an internet connection and a browser to access them
- The User provides the content
- They are Dynamic
I was also interested in his views on why people use them:
- I’m here – notice me!
- I want others to have access to my content
- I want to learn new ways of doing things
- I want to work with others