Many of our speakers generously allow us to make digital versions of their handouts available on this page. Please remember to respect the intellectual property rights of our presentors and refrain from using or re-distributing these materials without obtaining approval from the presentor (see the DGS Social Media Policy).
- January 2, 2015 General Meeting: 'Painting the Family History Picture: Creating Context Using Online Digital Tools' by Tim Gieringer (PDF Handout - 3 Pages, PDF PowerPoint Presentation - 44 Pages)
- October 4, 2014 General Meeting: 'Tips and Tricks for Searching on FamilySearch' by Lynell Moss (PDF - 4 Pages)
- September 6, 2014 General Meeting: Don Raney discussed 'Researching in the Texas Land Record' (PDF - 5 Pages).
- May 3, 2014 General Meeting: Judy Allen Knight discussed 'Migration Trails' - View Maps (3 Pages)
- May 1, 2014 Technology SIG: PowerPoint slides from the presentation Carolyn Davis made on 'Placing Your Past' - View Presentation (10 slides)
- April 5 2014 General Meeting: Meg Hatcher, Director of National Archives at the Fort Worth NARA office. Her topic was "NARA's Online Public Access: Live Demonstration" - View Handouts (12 pages)
- April 3, 2014 Technology SIG Meeting: Kathleen Murray & Tony Hanson - "Understanding & Using Metadata" - View Handout (20 pages)
- February 1 2014 General Meeting: Michael Bassett: “DNA Testing for Genealogical Purposes” - View Handouts (2 Pages)