Bullock Family Cemetery
In 1855, Kentucky native, Washington Bullock, his wife, Caroline, and their 4 children moved here and in 1866, they purchased 280 acres near what has become Old Town Coppell. Here Bullock built the first brick home in Dallas county, operated a farm and served as Justice of the Peace. The Bullocks had other children and in 1869 created this cemetery upon the death of their youngest daughter Julia Caroline. Today, the cemetery contains the burials of about 40 people buried between 1869 and 2002. Notable persons buried here are Washington Bullock, his wife, Caroline, several of their children as well as many in their extended family. Among those buried here are William T. Cozby, early Mayor of Coppell and Civil War Veteran, Burrell B. Howell. See Coppell’s Historic Cemeteries website.
LOCATION: The cemetery is located at 143 Washington Ct, Coppell, Texas. This address is within a new housing development. Exit Beltline Road north from IH 635 West, Coppell, Texas. The road becomes Denton Tap Road. The cemetery is located approximately 2 miles from IH635 past Bethel Road.Turn left (West) on Bethel School Road approx. 0.9 mile to Blackburn. Turn right follow Devon Road to 90 degree turn left (West) onto Washington Ct. cemetery is in cul-de-sac on your left. View on Google Maps.