December 14 (Saturday) 11:30 - 2:00: Awards Banquet
The annual awards banquet will be held on Saturday, December 14 at the J. Erik Jonnson Central Library. Lunch will be included (at no cost to DGS members, $15 for guests).
The Awards Committee will present the honorees in our four categories (plus surprise honorees in a special category):
- Award of Merit - a DGS member who has consistently contributed time, talent, expertise, and abilities to the Society over a period of years.
- Heritage Preservation Award - an individual, group, or organization in recognition of contributions to preserve, conserve, house, or collect family history.
- Lloyd Bockstruck Distinguished Service Award - an individual for outstanding contributions to the genealogical community on a national level.
- Volunteer of the Year - a member who has generously volunteered time, expertise, talents, and abilities to the Society during the previous year to the extent to make that member stand out and draw attention.
The Awards Luncheon is free to current members, but reservations are required. Members may bring guest(s) at a cost of $15.00 each.
- Online (Closes Thursday Dec 5):
- Select the MEMBERSHIP tab from the website main menu
- Click on ACCOUNT MANAGER on the left column of the MEMBERSHIP page
- Enter your LOGIN NAME and PASSWORD on the ACCOUNT MANGER page
- Select UPCOMING EVENTS from the ”What Would You Like to Do?” drop down menu
- By US Mail (must be postmarked by Monday Dec 2)
- Print and fill out the Registration Form
- There is no charge for current DGS members. If you are bringing a guest please include a check or Money Order ($15 for each guest)
- Mail to:
Dallas Genealogical Society
P. O. Box 12446