September 12 - 19: Annual Salt Lake City Trip
DGS members are once again invited to participate on a research trip to The Family History Library in Salt lake City, a treasure trove for the genealogist. DGS member Jean Larson will organize the trip and arrange for help with genealogical problems.
- Wednesday, September 12 through Wednesday, September 19 2012
- There will be a brief meeting in August (Date & Location TPD) to discuss specific trip plans and roommates, and to allow you to meet the other trip participants
- On Wednesday evening (Sept. 12) there will be a Genealogy Lecture with sandwiches for all DGS participants at the Plaza Hotel. Any other activities will be announced at that time.
Cost (You must be a DGS member to participate in this event)
- Registration: $85
- The rates per room are: for 1 or 2 persons, $79 per night and for 3 or 4 persons, $86 per night. Tax, about 12.7%, is added to this rate. An extra rollaway bed is $10 per night.
- Each participant will be responsible for making their reservation and paying his or her own hotel bill. For reservations call 800-366-3684 or go to www.plaza-hotel.com.
- Register by US Mail using the brochure (mailed to members, available at the library or attached here)
- Participants will also be required to provide medical information: see the form here.
Jean Larson will organize the trip and arrange for help with genealogical problems