DGS Summer Institute: "Bits of Yesterday: Using Maps & Records to Complete Your Family Story" presented by Pamela Boyer Sayre (CG, CGL) and Richard L. Sayre (CG, CGL)
Pamela Boyer Sayre, CGsm, CGL, has presented in more than thirty states. She is co-coordinator for two Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy courses (Researching in Washington, D.C., Without Leaving Home and All About Land), coordinator for Samford University’s IGHR Techniques and Technology course, and former instructor in Boston University’s Genealogical Research Program.
She co-authored Online Roots: How to Discover Your Family’s History and Heritage with the Power of the Internet (Nashville, Tenn.: Rutledge Hill Press, 2003) and Research in Missouri (Washington, D.C.: NGS, 1999, 2007), penned the FGS FORUM’s Digitools column for five years, and was editor of the Association of Professional Genealogists Quarterly.
Pamela was director of education and publications for the National Genealogical Society, and she served on the boards of both NGS and FGS.
Richard Sayre, CGsm, CGL, is a longtime researcher, lecturer, and writer. His areas of interest include urban research methodology, mapping tools for genealogists, military records, immigration, the Ohio River Valley, and Western Pennsylvania, and he has lectured about these topics to genealogical societies across the United States.
He is co-coordinator for two Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy courses (Researching in Washington, D.C., Without Leaving Home and All About Land), coordinator for Samford’s IGHR Land Mapping: Using Maps course, and he teaches in IGHR’s Advanced Methodology, Advanced Military, and Techniques and Technology courses.
Rick is a member of the board of the Virginia Genealogical Society and a former vice president of the National Capital Area Chapter of APG.
Schedule and Location
This event will be held at the Dallas Public Library: J. Erik Jonsson Central Library 1515 Young Street Dallas, TX (Directions, Web page)
- Registration: 9:30 a.m.
- Workshop: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Lunch (included): 12:30 - 1:30
- Parking: $2.00 (Discounted fee)
- By June 30:
- Member: $140
- Non-Member: $190 (memberships start at $35... Read more)
- After June 30:
- Member: $180
- Non-Member: $230
You can register by US Mail (View Flyer)
- DGS Members and Non-Member Account Holders
To register for this event online (with a credit card), please log in to your account
- Select the MEMBERSHIP tab from the website main menu
- Click on ACCOUNT MANGER on the left column of the MEMBERSHIP page
- Enter you LOGIN NAME and PASSWORD on the ACCOUNT MANAGER page
- Select UPCOMING EVENTS from the ”What Would You Like to Do?” drop down menu
If you don’t remember your Login Name and/or Password:
- click on Forgot your password? Get Help.
- Enter your e-mail address and your Login Name and Password will be sent to that e-mail address.
If you don’t receive the needed information, e-mail
- Individuals who have never attended a DGS lecture, institute or other event
Registration information will be provided soon.....
- One Page Version of the Flyer - View
- Information on the Event and the Speakers - View