Blewett Family Cemetery
LOCATION: In the 500 Blk of East Arapaho Road, Richardson, Texas, east of Hwy 75 (Central Expressway) ( View on Google Maps ). US 75, go 0.5 mile East on E. Arapaho Road. The cemetery is located at the NW corner of the intersection of E. Arapaho Road & N. Grove Road.
GPS: 325739N, 0964306W
The one acre cemetery was established in 1855 and has a Texas State Historic Marker. This cemetery is fully fenced and locked. There are some broken and leaning stones, but many have been repaired.
“Established for family and community burials by the Rev. George L. Blewett, this cemetery was first used in 1855 after the death of his daughter Ann. A Cumberland Presbyterian minister, Blewett had come to Texas in 1853 with his family and other pioneers from Kentucky. Nine of the Blewett children are buried here, as are George (d. 1884) and his wife, Nancy (d. 1903). The Blewett Cemetery was for many years associated with the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, and until the mid-1920s was one of the primary burial grounds for the Richardson community. 1985”