African-American section only
Location: N. Denton at 3rd St., West of Lancaster-Hutchins Rd.
Mapsco Reference: 77C
GIS: 32°39'5"N 96°43'7"W
This cemetery was established in 1895, but was in use as early as 1875. The main portion was inventoried in June 1970. The inventory of 1970 was donated to the Dallas Genealogical Society by the Lancaster Genealogical Society and was published by Dallas Genealogical Society in Dallas County, Texas: Genealogical Data from Early Cemeteries, Vol. II, 1989.
This portion of the cemetery is in the back of the main cemetery and was not inventoried with the main portion. There is evidence of un-marked graves. The inventory presented here was made in April 1993 by DGS volunteers.