As you can see from the growing list of cemeteries that are on-line, members of the Dallas Genealogical Society have been working on a variety of transcription efforts. Most of the records have been enhanced and added to the new unified database. The cemeteries that have NOT yet been migrated to the new database are marked with an asterisk (*) in the menu. These include:
- The Farmers Branch (a.k.a. Keenan), Marsh and Webb Chapel cemeteries. They are unique to this site in that they contain links to photographs of each tombstone. These files were recently recovered from an archived version of an earlier version of the DGS web site and the completeness of the information listed has not been verified. Since the pages focus on tombstones it is very likely that the list of names is incomplete as there are almost certainly graves without stones.
- The Pioneer link takes you to a web site created by Julia D. Quinteros de Hernandez which provides a map of the plots as well as burial information. This is such a great site that we see no reason to duplicate the information it contains.
- The following cemetery has already been transcribed and is being reviewed. It will be made available in the near future:
- Wood Creek Cemetery - 1845 Nokomis Road, Lancaster, Texas
Users of the Chrome browser note that you can install the People Inspector extension and take advantage of the microdata encoding we have added to our cemetery database search tool... watch thiis video for more information.
The Dallas Genealogical Society currently is not planning to transcribe records for these perpetual care cemeteries as their records are available by contacting the cemetery:
- Forest Lawn Cemetery - 10977 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, Texas
- Greenwood Cemetery - 3020 Oak Grove Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75204
- Laurel Land Memorial Park, 6000 South R L Thornton Freeway Dallas, Texas 75232-2626
- Lincoln Memorial Cemetery - 8100 Fireside Dr., Dallas, Texas, adjacent to Lincoln Memorial Park
- Lincoln Memorial Park - 8100 Fireside Dr., Dallas, Texas, adjacent to Lincoln Memorial Cemetery
- Restland Cemetery - 12611 Greenville Avenue, Dallas, Texas
- Rose Lawn Cemetery - Highway 175, south of Malloy Bridge Road, Seagoville, Texas
- Sparkman-Hillcrest Cemetery and Mausoleum- 7405 West Northwest Highway, Dallas, TX 75225